My dog Emma is a beautiful and gentle animal. The only thing she stresses about are bees and if her supper is late. I’m a stressor. I pretty much stress about everything. But here’s what Emma has taught me about life:
1. There will be times in your life when you let yourself go and put on weight. It’s okay because you can always lose the weight. It’s about making that change and doing something different. Emma put on so much weight that she could hardly run up the stairs. But she’s managed to lose the weight and has dropped from 7.9kgs in 2012, to 5.1kgs!
2. Always make time to sleep! Always! Emma loves to sleep. In fact she gets edgy at night if we stay up too late and slowly makes her way to her bed without even being asked. Getting a good night’s rest is priority for Emma and should be for me!
3. Everyone has a bad hair day sometimes. Don’t stress – it’s what makes you unique! Emma has a lot of hair! It’s in her food, in her eyes, in her mouth. We try trim it as much as we can but it grows so quickly. We’ve decided to leave it because, well, that’s who she is. Love the way you look. Don’t always try and change who you are!
4. In life, we can’t choose our family. No matter what, have their backs. If you don’t, nobody else will. Even though she is the baby, Emma looks after her bigger sister Annie.
5. Be fabulous! Even if it means adding some colour, a bit of lighting and special effects to your life! Emma was so patient when I took this photo. I was playing around with apps to post to Instagram. The photo came out beautifully! It’s one of my favs!I love you Emma! XXX
ps: In case you’re wondering, her breed is Brussel Griffon.
Pingback: Dear Emma, | Keeping up with the Walkers…
Dad has a new dog ; crossing between a wire-hair jack russell and a foxterrier. So awesome to see the personality develop. He was born in December.
Sounds too cute for words!
He is. We keep saying he has a beard like chuck norris lol. Have once posted a pic on twitter.
I love this post!!!
Takes after her Oums!!
I just LOVED that post! I too am passionate about my dogs and each one has taught me something – so much for dogs learning tricks 😀 Thanks for sharing.
They each have their own unique personalities hey?! X
We can all take a lot from her!