After months of intense training, KK has started tapering down for Comrades. It’s a relief for sure, especially since the recent weeks have involved nothing else but running, sleeping and eating and running and eating and running, then sleeping. Aiming to run between 100kms and 120kms each week has been insane and I could sense the exhaustion setting in.
I’m thrilled! Tapering (for me) means:
- Not having to wake up on Sunday mornings in an empty bed
- Less water bottles stacking up on the kitchen sink
- The freedom to go to Saturday movie again, even if we do go to the 5pm show
- Hopefully packing less lunch for work?
- KK not falling asleep as often in front of telly at 8pm in the evenings
- Less ‘what time are you going to bed because I need to sleep’ comments
- Eating curry again and not having to worry about the “consequences”.
The dedication to his training regime has been quite impressive and shows his dedication and commitment to what is required when tackling a race of this magnitude.
Now begins 3 weeks of avoiding any sick people and ‘overdosing’ on vitamin C.
The mental prep and countdown has begun.
The excitement is starting to build!
So much respect for KK!
LikeLiked by 1 person