When KK and I planned our 2013 holiday last year, July 2013 was many moons away. With so much on my mind in the last couple of weeks, I have not been able to get excited or even think about the trip. Until now… As we do our final packing and checklists, I’m beyond excited! This is what I’m looking forward to the most:
- Hot weather! We’ve been keeping an eye on the temperatures and in some places, it’s hovering in the mid 30’s. Excellent!
- We’re going to the Depeche Mode concert at the Olympic Stadium in Rome on the 20th July. KK’s all-time favourite band (other than U2). I’m so glad he gets to tick this off his bucket list.
- Our room on the ship has a balcony! This is our 4th cruise and on previous trips we’ve always booked an inside cabin. Splashing out! (excuse the pun)
- Not cooking for 2 weeks. I know this sounds arb and superficial but I’m really looking forward to someone else deciding what to make for supper. This is what holidays are about, right?
- A break. From everything. It’s been a tough couple of weeks for me. Lots of anxiety and unknowns. Corporate life is a killer and I need to get away. I know that I’m not the type of person that can totally switch off but I suspect being in the middle of the ocean will force me to relax.