I love lists and what better list than one listing 25 questions summarizing the year that was. Thank you @TanyaKovarsky for the idea!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I ran a 32km road race! The furthest I’ve ever run before has been 21kms.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I stopped reading work emails on my phone & decided that when I left work in the afternoon, to focus on my running, my hobbies and KK. I stuck to it. Best decision ever. I’m thinking of what to decide to do differently in 2016.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, in comfy clothes, sipping wine. Pretty much the same way as previous years.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Tokyo (I’d go back tomorrow) & Hong Kong (My first & last visit)
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Less stress. More time to unwind and spend time on doing the things that make me happy.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Running Two Oceans half marathon with my dad was pretty cool!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’ve mentioned my 32km race. Also achieving my 21km PB. And yes, managing a team at work in a very challenging environment.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Allowing work to turn me into a monster some days.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Several arthritis flare-ups and a niggly knee.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
An Apple watch.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Cups of coffee and tea at work.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
None that I can think of?
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More blogging. This is what my 2016 New Year’s Resolution will be.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Allow work stress to get the better of me.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Game of Thrones. Power Couple.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
I confess that I did not get time to read a single book this year. How bad is that?
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I saw so many movies but none springs to mind.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
It was a biggie: I turned 40 and spent the day celebrating with KK in Tokyo.
22. What kept you sane?
Knowing that I could escape everything and go for a run.
23. Who did you miss?
I thought about my Granny a lot. I longed to talk to her just one last time and keep imagining her answer to some of the things I’d tell her.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t believe I can’t answer this? I can’t think of anyone new that I met this year. Something to re-look in 2016.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015
Turning 40 years old was liberating. I suddenly stopped giving a fuck. And my running. Discipline and consistency matters. Like anything in life.
Ok. So honestly how hard was it going from 21 to 32? I am really wanting to push my distances but the mental part of going from 21 to 32 is daunting!
It wasn’t that bad hey! Look, when I got to around 24kms, I was mentally buggered and kept thinking “shucks, this is far!” But I soon got over it. Funny enough, when I was done I was thrilled! But thinking of doing another 10kms to complete a full marathon blows my mind!!
Great questions! I am going to use them for my year-end introspection. Suspect my money went the same way. Maybe a change of route for our early morning office walk…
I am going to nab this post 🙂 I love your resolutions and I may add them to mine for 2016 because i need a work/life balance and less stress.
Less stress! Gosh, definitely noticing a trend with most people! We must try.