I turned 37 years old in April. *OMW* This means I have officially moved closer to my forties. My age never used to bother me, but suddenly, it does. It’s as if I woke up one morning and realised that I was no longer in my 20’s or early 30’s.
So why now? Why am I feeling like this all of a sudden? What’s different? I sat down and wrote a couple of things down…
- My parents are moving in to a Retirement Home.
- I’ve had to book my regular hair appointment from every 6 weeks to 5 weeks as my greys are showing through quicker.
- In December, I will be going to my 20 year High School Reunion.
- If I go watch a movie on a Friday evening, I fall asleep. In fact, Friday evenings I’m in bed before 9pm.
- I recently chose to go home and snuggle in front of TV with hubby instead of heading off to a night club with my friends.
- The beautiful model Tanya Fourie, who I adored as a teenager and who is featured in the May edition of Fair Lady, has wrinkles.
- My age category when I enter running races is listed as Sub-veteren. *ouch*
I guess I can’t stop the clock… I’m getting older, I just need to start accepting it. But it has made me stop and ask myself, am I growing old the way I want to? Are there things I still want to do?
But while I do this, can everyone and everything around me please slow down a bit?
I turned 40 in April and it’s not so much 40 I mind as the fact that my next big birthday is 50 and that is just too scary to contemplate!!! I have however decide to embrass 40 and even put my number on my running vest! Veteran yikes!
Oh gosh…feeling it too…
Well, you are younger than the most of the blogs I read. Almost every blog I read, is one or other lady who is turning 40. So, you’re still younger than them 🙂
I can so identify with 4 and 5 🙂 Right now I choose my bed over anything!
HaHa I still have the card you girls sent me on my 39th birthday warning me I’m heading for The BIG 40. Well now you see what goes around comes around eventually. Just remember you only live once so live it to the full whilst you can as long as you do it to the glory of our Heavenly Father. Love u”s sooo much.