I know it’s only the end of August, but there are certain cues that alert me that Summer (and the end of the year) is fast approaching.
- Spring has arrived. Yes, I’m stating the obvious but I can smell that the season has changed. I can smell rain in the air. I can smell freshly cut grass and braai’s.
- I’m able to run much later in the afternoons because the sun now sets after 6pm. Huge bonus.
- The smell of jasmine is everywhere! This is one of my favourite smells.
- KK and I have planned our annual weekend getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
- Santa Shoebox entries open this week and before you know, it’ll be the drop-off weekend.
- I received a meeting invite to a work conference happening in February 2016. What?
- We’ve started having casual conversations as to which family member will host Christmas.
- KK has already put in his December annual leave dates at work. Yikes!
- I have this sudden urge to go to the nursery and buy plants and do some gardening.
- I’ve started seeing pictures posted on Facebook of kids in swimming pools. When we were young, there was a silly rule about waiting for the first Summer rains?
This is my favourite time of the year! People come out of that gloomy Winter slump. It’s so wonderful to be outdoors and in the sun. Everywhere I hear people saying, “Shew, it’s going to be a long hot Summer!”
I’m not complaining. Bring it!