1. After being brave for so long, we made the decision to put Annie down before she suffered. It radically changed our relationship with Emma. Not a day goes by without us thinking of Little Annie Panks. | 2. I joined a bunch of friends walking dogs at a dog shelter. It was hard work but so rewarding. | 3. We went away with friends to Parys. A weekend of park run, long lunches, popcorn, 30 Seconds and wine. | 4. All CW-X stock is on sale & we managed to sell most of the average sizes. | 5. I started to crochet! It’s fantastic to zone out & detox from devices. | 6. KK and I attended an Enneagram course. Turns out we’re both perfectionist but I avoid conflict. I just want harmony. Funny that. | 7. Another weekend away to the ‘Berg. Good for the soul but boy did it get cold! | 8. Getting artsy fartsy and visiting the Standard Bank gallery. | 9. KK and I ran Old Eds. The running bug has bitten! We’re back!
With so many wonderful memories, I must admit that the signs of Spring could not have come at a better time. That welcoming feeling of warmth, renewal and fresh beginnings. Exactly what I needed most!
I know it’s only the end of August, but there are certain cues that alert me that Summer (and the end of the year) is fast approaching.
- Spring has arrived. Yes, I’m stating the obvious but I can smell that the season has changed. I can smell rain in the air. I can smell freshly cut grass and braai’s.
- I’m able to run much later in the afternoons because the sun now sets after 6pm. Huge bonus.
- The smell of jasmine is everywhere! This is one of my favourite smells.
- KK and I have planned our annual weekend getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
- Santa Shoebox entries open this week and before you know, it’ll be the drop-off weekend.
- I received a meeting invite to a work conference happening in February 2016. What?
- We’ve started having casual conversations as to which family member will host Christmas.
- KK has already put in his December annual leave dates at work. Yikes!
- I have this sudden urge to go to the nursery and buy plants and do some gardening.
- I’ve started seeing pictures posted on Facebook of kids in swimming pools. When we were young, there was a silly rule about waiting for the first Summer rains?
This is my favourite time of the year! People come out of that gloomy Winter slump. It’s so wonderful to be outdoors and in the sun. Everywhere I hear people saying, “Shew, it’s going to be a long hot Summer!”
I’m not complaining. Bring it!
While out on my run this evening, I was suddenly engulfed by the awesome smell of… jasmine. It’s one of my favourite smells! Together with the sun which is setting later in the evening and the warm days, Spring is definitely in the air. I ran the rest of the way home clutching my piece of jasmine with the biggest smile on my face! Best. Run. Ever.