We’re just over half way through our December holiday and it’s been absolutely wonderful! But a part of me is already panicking that it’s flying by way too quickly! So let’s see, what have we been up to?
We’ve done a little bit of this…
And quite a fair bit of this…
And gosh, way too much of this…
But thank goodness, lots and lots of time for this…
With just over a week to go, we’ve still got a mini break away in the Waterberg planned as well as a 15km road race.
How are your holidays going?
During our December break last year, we managed to spend quite a few arb weekends lazing around the pool the entire day doing nothing; and I mean absolutely nothing! It was glorious! I recall telling KK that I would really miss it when we went back to work and normality kicked into gear from January. But he challenged me saying, well, why must things change? We can still make time for lazy weekends next to the pool during the year can’t we?
So it’s not exactly a New Year’s Resolution, but a promise I made to myself that I would try as often as I could to ensure that we still spend those lazy Sundays at the pool, lying in the sun, braai’ing, listening to music and truly enjoying the weekend. I’m proud to say we’ve stuck to it. As Autumn creeps into our lives, I know that the weekends are limited in terms of sunning ourselves for hours outside. But I’m glad we did. I’m even prouder to admit that I swam. Often!
Oh look, it’s Friday again. Hello weekend! Hello pool! Hello sun! Hello fun!
Happy weekend everyone!
ps: okay Autumn, we’re ready for you.
So the challenge came from @TanyaKovarsky’s blog www.dearmax.org to list 7 things about myself that you most probably didn’t know.
Okay, so here goes:
1. When I was growing up, I collected Pink Panthers. At one stage I had 27 of them and called them my ‘Pankies’. I still have a few in the garage that I really should donate to charity. It just breaks my heart to get rid of them.
2. I was born a ginger, had blonde hair growing up, but now I am dark brunette.
3. I studied Information Science, which is really a fancy name for Librarianship. Yes, I like to wear my hair tied up in a bun and still remember the Dewey Decimal classification system.
4. I am an avid (closet) cross stitcher.
I really need to find time to do it. It truly is addictive and can keep me busy for hours.
5. I love documentaries. Especially about 9/11, The Kennedy’s and Man’s first flight to the Moon.
6. I never learnt to swim. I can do doggie paddle but never learnt to do crawl or backstroke or anything fancy. If I am totally honest, I am not really a water person at all.
7. Even though I have travelled to many exotic places, the Kruger Park and Namibia remain my two favourite places in the world! I was fortunate enough to spend a week quadbiking, 4X4’ing, sand boarding down the dunes in Walvis Bay and swimming with the dolphins two years ago. It’s a memory I will cherish forever!
Please share your 7 things with me! You’ll be amazed just how fascinating people find you!
I know I will….