I’m working with two coaches at the moment. One is a running coach to get me running fit & ready for Two Oceans. The other is a business coach to help me launch my social media product offering online.
They are worlds apart but the weekly homework they dish out is so similar. They both drive home the messages of understanding my passion, clarity & direction, proper goal setting, mindset, consistency, and discipline.
As the weeks have rolled by, I’ve learned some key lessons:
- I know that unless I do the quality track sessions, my running pace won’t improve.
- I realize that unless I’m crystal clear on my ideal audience, I won’t be able to target the right people to sell my offering.
- I understand that most of my running victories are won in my head.
- I’ve discovered that an entrepreneurial mindset is very different from that of corporate, something I’m trying to crack.
- Mindset has been the biggest challenge. The nagging from Coach Michelle every time I skip track, and the persistence of the weekly call from Stepper (yup, that’s her name) have taught me to really focus on what matters.
It all comes down to accountability. Yeah sure, I could have Googled some running programmes and downloaded small business manuals. But that’s just it. I didn’t. And there are things they’ve taught me about myself that were hidden in my blindspot.
There are 6 weeks left before Two Oceans and smack in between the training sessions, I will be launching my brand new social media product offering to clients.
Both are goals that bring me immense joy and purpose in my life. But both also scare me shitless. Luckily, according to my two coaches, this means I’m on track.